Games I Beat 1: Alan Wake

As promised, I will be documenting all the games that I beat for the rest of the year. I wish I could say I came up with this awesome idea all by myself, but my good friend Pat Butler is the inspiration for all of this. Now let's talk Alan Wake.

It took me a little over a week to beat Alan Wake and for the most part, I loved it. Remedy did an outstanding job creating an absorbing world, great characters, and a surprisingly intelligent script. The game isn't perfect, there were times where some of the fighting became frustrating due to a sloppy camera. This wasn't a constant occurrence thankfully, but it would usually happen at the worst possible time.

Nitpicky nonsense aside, Alan Wake is a hell of an experience (Chad and I go into great detail on this on the latest episode). The game is paced perfectly, and it has a very distinct Stephen King mini series feel to it, for obvious reasons. I really enjoyed the episodic structure of the game, as I've stated before, and feel that if any game can finally nail the episodic dlc its this one.

Alan Wake is all about the player experience. I personally love games like this (I'm rather obsessed with David Cage's Heavy Rain), but I'm finding that once I've beaten them, I never play them again. This is why I think Alan Wake, being as short and digestable as it is, was only a rental for me. Is that a bad thing? No. Some people may feel differently, I'm simply giving my opinion.

First game down, next on the menu, Split Second. FYI, I typed this entire blog on my phone, how awesome is that?


Published with Blogger-droid

Leave a Reply