Late To The Party: Oh Hai! The Room Tribute Game

I know this is nothing new, but when Chris over at sister site Another Film Podcast told me about this gem I was nearly brought to tears.   I don't usually play many flash games.  I just had little to no interest in them until now.  The geniuses over at flash game and animation site Newgrounds have given us what might just be the greatest flash game ever made: The Room Tribute Game.  The game is based on the movie ":The Room".  "The Room" has amassed an enormous cult following in the eight years since its release.   

The game is a very faithful adaptation to the film in every way.  For those who are familiar with the movie, this means we get all the naked Johnny and Lisa we can stand.  The game essentially plays out like the movie does.  You play as Johnny and go through all of the gut wrenching drama that ultimately is his undoing.  I hate to admit it, but I would have gladly paid to play this, it's just that good.  Tom Fulp (you know that awesomely tough game Alien Hominid?  Yea that guy and the team at Behemoth) and company did an outstanding job.  From the art to the music, The Room Tribute should only be described as utterly magical.  Check the video to get an idea of just how amazing The Room movie is.

Play it here

Leave a Reply