NYCC: Hands On With Red Dead DLC Undead Nightmare

It only took me 5 minutes on the exhibition floor to make a b line to the first hands on experience of the weekend. I got to take the new Red Dead Redemption DLC, Undead Nightmare for a spin. In this run through you step back into the shoes of John Marston and you stand on the edge of a cemetery on a quintessential dark and stormy night.

Cemetery's are the new gang hideouts and zombies are the new bandits that you need to clear out. I started out with two pistols, double barrel shotgun, and the new blunderbuss, which ends up being my saving grace in this level. Also a torch, which is exactly what it sounds like.

Your mission is to burn the several coffins that are spread out amongst the graves. As you do that, a bunch of the undead begin to harass the crap out of you. Head shots are the only way to take these guys down. I was automatically on the defensive the entire time. Constantly running through the graveyard, zig zagging through graves, and taking pot shots at zombies that were relentlessly pursuing me.

This DLC is great and one that I WILL buy once it becomes available. There is just something about zombies and DLC's....

Leave a Reply